Cheyne Gang Quiz Answers
06 / 02 / 21
Cheyne Gang Music Quiz 1
Name (in) That Tune
1) Who “picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been”?
1b) Which group sang the song?
2) Who was Dolly Parton’s love rival?
3) In 1962, which song did Bernard Cribbins and his removal
Right said Fred
4) Abba asked, “Can you hear the drums...
5) Rod Stewart had two number one hits with girls’ names in
the titles. Can you name one or both?
(1) Baby Jane
(2) Maggie May
6) Who did Shakin’ Stevens ask:-
“Do you love me truly
7) Complete this lyric and name the musical
“How do you solve a problem like ...
The Sound of Music
7b) In which other musical does a ‘Jet’ sing about a girl with
the same name?
8) Which Rossini overture was used as the theme tune for
The Lone Ranger?
The William Tell Overture
(Give yourself a bonus point for shouting out The Lone Ranger’s catchphrase!)
9) Which name did Frank Sinatra link with a piece of cutlery?
Mack the Knife
10) Simon and Garfunkel’s theme tune for a Dustin Hoffman
film formally addressed
Cheyne Gang Quiz - Black and White Films
1) When bells began to ring in this film, an angel got his wings. Which James Stewart classic is this?
It’s a Wonderful Life
2) Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon “dragged” themselves out of trouble in which film?
Some Like it Hot
3) What is the name of Gary Cooper’s character in “Mr. Deed Goes To Town?”
4) What actress said: “ Too much of a good thing is wonderful?”
5) What was the name of the island where King Kong was found?
6) Robert Duvall debuted on film as Boo Radley in which black and white classic?
To Kill a Mocking Bird
7) Which black and white film is considered Orson Well’s masterpiece by film critics?
8) What was the name of the first talking movie starring Al Jolson?
The Jazz Singer
9) What was the name of Debbie Reynold’s character in “Singing In The Rain?”
10) What successful American musical fantasy film from 1939 was adopted from L. Frank Baum’s 1900 children’s book?
The Wizard of Oz