Cheyne Gang Quiz Answers
11 / 06 / 21
Cheyne Gang Music Quiz 5 answers
Count Me in!
Each of the following songs or musicals has a missing number from its title
1) 3 coins in a fountain
2) Pennsylvania 65000
3) The animals went in 2 by 2
4) 7 Brides for 7 Brothers
5) It takes 2 baby
6) 3 little maids from school are we
7) 8 days a week
8) When I’m 64
9) I’m Gonna Be (500 miles)
10) 99 red balloons
11) 50 ways to leave your lover
12) My hat it has 3 corners
13) 3 little birds
14) At 17
15) 42nd Street
16) Take 5
17) 3 times a lady
18) Tonight I’m gonna party like it’s 1999
15 / 05 / 21
Cheyne Gang Music Quiz 4 Answers
Sing Around the World
Sing these lyrics out loud to help you find the missing destination!
1) “Oh we’re off to sunny Spain”
2) “It’s a long way to Tipperary”
3) “Get your kicks on Route 66”
4) “On the bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond”
5) “Didn’t we have a lovely time, the day we went to Bangor”
6) “When you go will you send me, a letter from America”
7) “I love Paris in the springtime”
8) “Camptown ladies sing this song, doodah, doodah”
9) “Take the last train to Clarksville”
10) “Wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen”
11) “Oh flower of Scotland”
12) “The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain”
13) “Don’t cry for me Argentina”
14) “Do you know the way to San Jose?”
15) “Ferry cross the Mersey”
16) “Viva Las Vegas”
17) “Fly bonnie boat, like a bird on the wing Over the sea to Skye”
18) “Is this the way to Amarillo?”
19) “I bless the rains down in Africa”
20) “I wanna wake up in a city that doesn’t sleep...” New York
Scottish Place Names
Work out the name of some Scottish towns, villages and cities
1 Thunderous river crossing - Rumbling Bridge
2 Eco friendly rule - Greenlaw
3 Angry fruit - Applecross
4 Slimy large stone - Gourock
5 Adds up to 21 - Dyce
6 A river for saving money - Clydebank
7 Hear this on a firing range - Shotts
8 Clergy’s brae - Priesthill
9 Hawaiian greeting - Alloa
10 Yank at a sheep - Poolewe
11 A pixie amongst the crystals - Elphinstone
12 Use a spoon for this fish - Cullen
13 Sewing while unwell - Stitchill
14 Grizzlies live in this area - Bearsden
15 Dr ?, I presume ? - Livingston
16 Garrison for Roman Emperor - Fort Augustus
17 In church from noon till night - Kirkaldy
18 Barrel maker’s brother - Coupar Angus
19 “Sorry, I can’t do that!” - Knockando
20 A Morningside/Milngavie nip of whisky! - Drem
02 / 04 / 21
Cheyne Gang Music Quiz 3 Answers
Tina Turner - Anna Mae Bullock
Dean Martin - Dino Crocetti
Judy Garland - Frances Gumm
Lulu - Marie Laurie
Freddie Mercury - Faroukh Bubara
Fred Astaire - Frederick Austerlitz
Englebert Humperdinck - Arnold Dorsey
Elton John Reginald - Kenneth Dwight
David Bowie - David Robert Jones
Danny Kaye - David Daniel Kaminski
Cilla Black - Priscilla White
Buddy Holly - Charles Hardin Holley
Billy Holliday - Eleanora Fagan Gough
Bob Dylan - Robert Zimmerman
Sting - Gordon Sumner
Lady Gaga - Stefani Germanotta
Katy Perry - Kathryn Hudson
The decoys - Germanatta and Robert Zimmerframe!!!
Cheyne Gang Quiz ABBA Answers
The answers all have a connection to ABBA
Who heard a loud musical instrument? (Fernando)
Which sweet preserve x 2 is this song? (Honey Honey)
Morse code emergency? (SOS)
Boogie-ing Royal? (Dancing Queen)
Dosh, coins, spondula? (Money Money Money)
I do wishful thinking day or night? (I have a dream)
Do you want? in French (Voulez Vous)
Which musical did Benny and Bjorn write with Tim Rice? (Chess)
A Spanish term of endearment? (Chiquitita)
A bird of prey found in Scotland? (Eagle)
Monopoly! for example (The Name of the Game)
Grazie mille per musica? (Thankyou for the Music)
James Dreyfus and Kathy Burke were in sitcom of the same name? (Gimme Gimme Gimme) A man after midnight
Robbie Williams hit + crystal Gayle sang about these changing form brown to blue? (Angel Eyes)
What Brides and groom say at wedding ceremony x 5 (I do I do I do I do I do)
Where Napoleon surrendered? (Waterloo)
Title track of musical based on ABBA songs? (Mama Mia)
What we wish each other at the beginning of each year? (Happy New Year)
Sounds like Heinz’s and an entertainer? (Souper Trouper)
Loud noise and an Australian Aboriginal weapon? (Bang a Boomerang)
10 / 03 / 21
Cheyne Gang Music Quiz 2
Royal Connections - Answers
Name the singers, performers or songs below – they all have a ‘title’ in their title. (There are clues at the bottom of the page).
1) COUNT BASIE
3) NAT KING C OLE
4) DUKE ELLINGTON
5) GLADYS KNIGHT
6) SIR DUKE
7) THE KING - ELVIS PRESLEY
9) B B KING
10) THE GYPSY KINGS
1) a big band leader
2) artist formerly known as..
3) a crooner from the 50s who has a singer daughter
4) another big band leader
5) her backing group were The Pips
6) a song by Stevie Wonder
7) the original Hound Dog
8) a group fronted by Freddie
9) American songwriter and guitarist
10) Flamenco style group
Cheyne Gang Quiz - NATURE – human, animal and plant!
1. What is the collective noun for Goldfinches?
a. Chime b. Charge c. Charm
2. What is the largest internal organ of the body?
3. What is the largest animal in the world?
The Blue Whale
4. Three of these plants are members of the same Solanaceae family, which is the odd one out?
a. Potato b. Radish c. Petunia d. Tomato
5. Which animals are Belted Galloways?
6. What kind of fish was Nemo from the film Finding Nemo?
7. Which trees leaves is the symbol of the National Trust?
8. Which is the only bird that can fly backwards?
9. Which plant does the spice Saffron come from?
10. St Kilda is home to the largest British colony of which bird?
11. What is Scotland’s largest member of the Weasel family?
12. Which poem about a wild creature did Robert Burns publish in the Kilmarnock edition, written in 1786?
To a Mouse
13. How many teeth do adult humans have?
14. Who is the current presenter of Gardeners’ World TV programme?
15. What are baby Salmon called when emerging from their eggs?
16. What is the common name for any of the plants that are part of the Narcissus family?
17. What is Scotland’s national bird?
18. What breed of dog was Scooby Doo?
19. The Beechgrove Garden is 7miles West of .........?
20. What is the animal Felis Silvestris Grampia better known as?
Scottish Wild Cat
06 / 02 / 21
Cheyne Gang Music Quiz 1
Name (in) That Tune
1) Who “picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been”?
1b) Which group sang the song?
2) Who was Dolly Parton’s love rival?
3) In 1962, which song did Bernard Cribbins and his removal
Right said Fred
4) Abba asked, “Can you hear the drums...
5) Rod Stewart had two number one hits with girls’ names in
the titles. Can you name one or both?
(1) Baby Jane
(2) Maggie May
6) Who did Shakin’ Stevens ask:-
“Do you love me truly
7) Complete this lyric and name the musical
“How do you solve a problem like ...
The Sound of Music
7b) In which other musical does a ‘Jet’ sing about a girl with
the same name?
8) Which Rossini overture was used as the theme tune for
The Lone Ranger?
The William Tell Overture
(Give yourself a bonus point for shouting out The Lone Ranger’s catchphrase!)
9) Which name did Frank Sinatra link with a piece of cutlery?
Mack the Knife
10) Simon and Garfunkel’s theme tune for a Dustin Hoffman
film formally addressed
Cheyne Gang Quiz - Black and White Films
1) When bells began to ring in this film, an angel got his wings. Which James Stewart classic is this?
It’s a Wonderful Life
2) Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon “dragged” themselves out of trouble in which film?
Some Like it Hot
3) What is the name of Gary Cooper’s character in “Mr. Deed Goes To Town?”
4) What actress said: “ Too much of a good thing is wonderful?”
5) What was the name of the island where King Kong was found?
6) Robert Duvall debuted on film as Boo Radley in which black and white classic?
To Kill a Mocking Bird
7) Which black and white film is considered Orson Well’s masterpiece by film critics?
8) What was the name of the first talking movie starring Al Jolson?
The Jazz Singer
9) What was the name of Debbie Reynold’s character in “Singing In The Rain?”
10) What successful American musical fantasy film from 1939 was adopted from L. Frank Baum’s 1900 children’s book?
The Wizard of Oz